Juliet's Skincare Tips
- Skincare products can last up to 3 times longer if refrigerated. Especially important for serums.
- #1 enemy: Skin ages more quickly when exposed to the sun. Always use a sunscreen even when it is overcast. Also, people that sun tan have an equal risk of cancer as people that smoke.
- The difference between a day and a night cream is that day creams are less active and usually include sunscreen.
- Serums are usually more active than creams. However, serums lose potency more quickly.
- To check a skincare product for extra freshness, creams when first opened will have some of the product on the lid, serums will be consistent in colour throughout and tend to become darker as they get older.
- Store serums in a dark cupboard as light can cause the ingredients to become less active.
- Skin becomes drier in the winter and oilier in the summertime. Make sure you are using the correct cleanser and toner.
- Why use a toner? Toners neutralize pH, clear away any leftover cleanser, and nourish the skin's deficiencies. After 4 weeks of consistent use, the skin is softer and healthier.